What is P-DTR® ?
Proprioceptive – Deep Tendon Reflex (P-DTR)is the product of the original thought and research of orthopedic surgeon, Dr. José Palomar. This work recognizes that input from sensory receptors – and the way the brain processes the information from these receptors – is critical in determining neuromuscular responses throughout the entire body. If feedback from proprioceptors is aberrant, then motor control is compromised, and pain and dysfunction will ensue.
Using a comprehensive system of muscle testing and neural challenges, dysfunctional sensory receptors can be located and corrected, quickly restoring normal function and eliminating pain. Most therapeutic modalities address only the “hardware” of the body, neglecting the fact that most of the pain and dysfunction we experience is often actually a problem with our “software.” P-DTR® provides access to the software coding of the human nervous system, allowing you to quickly identify and resolve the root causes of pain and dysfunction throughout the entire body.
The P-DTR evaluation and treatment process is fast, non-invasive, and permanent. While a given set of symptoms can have many layers of software problems that need to be resolved, once a given channel of sensory information flowing to brain has been corrected, it will remain functional unless a new trauma occurs.
P-DTR® Makes Treatment More Rewarding for Therapist and Client.
P-DTR is a revolutionary approach to client treatment:
- Faster Examination: Our system helps you locate the root cause of pain and dysfunction very quickly.
- More Accurate Examination: Our system helps you find the exact sensory pathways that are at fault.
- Faster Treatment: Our system allows you to instantly correct dysfunctional pathways and restore normal function.
- Easier Treatment: Save your hands! Our treatment methods are non-invasive and completely painless for therapist and patient.
- Treat More Complaints: Everything from cranial nerve issues and food intolerances to neurological and musculoskeletal problems.
- Better Patient Outcomes: Dramatically increase your success rate as a therapist and help patients solve problems no one else can.
Put Simply, P-DTR® Makes Manual Therapy Faster and More Effective.
How Does P-DTR® Work?
P-DTR® is the Practical Application of Neuroscience.
Like most other health professionals, you’re taught anatomy, physiology and biomechanics.
Part of learning anatomy is being “exposed” to neuroscience, but from our experience, no student has ever come to us understanding how it works in a practical sense.
Understanding neuroscience in a textbook is one thing. But, what does it actually provide you in real life clinical situations?
It means nothing if you can’t actually interface with the neurology of your client.
Most therapeutic modalities address only the hardware of the body, neglecting the fact that most of the pain and dysfunction we experience is often actually a problem with the software of our nervous system.
P-DTR® provides access to the software coding of the human nervous system, gives you a way to interface with it, and allows you to quickly identify and resolve the root causes of pain and dysfunction throughout the entire body.
Knowing Anatomy Is Great, But Incomplete Unless You Understand The Neurology Behind It.
P-DTR® teaches you exactly how to assess someone in a systematic way to arrive at an accurate conclusion not only of the anatomy involved in the problem, but also the specific neurological tracts involved and how they relate to each other.
Once you have identified the receptors and tracts involved, you restore their function instantly, retest the previously problematic “inputs” to ensure the treatment was successful, and instantly see “outputs” return to normal.
It’s like re-programming software, and it’s the software that runs the body!
- Stimulate Receptors: Learn to test receptors and pathways using highly specific stimuli.
- Elicit Responses: Learn the difference between normal and dysfunctional responses to stimuli.
- Know The Hierarchy Of The Nervous System: Learn how the brain creates certain problems to compensate for others.
- Fix Complex Problems: Learn how to quickly fix clients’ problems that have been baffling other physicians and therapists.
Muscle/Strength Testing Is Far More Useful When You Understand WHY You’re Getting Strength or Weakness.
There are other popular systems or “therapies” out there using muscle testing as a form of “diagnosis,” without really understanding the neuroscience of what’s happening.
They have a very simplistic, superficial way of viewing motor control.
P-DTR® explains what these other systems cannot. What used to seem mysterious and inconsistent becomes simple once you understand what’s happening behind the scenes.
And only P-DTR® can provide that information.
Nothing comes close.
Without P-DTR® – You Are Only Guessing.
No matter what you know, anatomy, this technique, that technique – if you don’t understand how neurological tracts and receptors “talk” to each other, you are only GUESSING with your treatment.
It’s a hard pill to swallow, but it’s true.
No one enters manual or physical therapy wanting to GUESS at what the patient is presenting with, right?
You exit your school, college or university knowing a whole lot of “stuff”, but then literally MISS OUT on the most IMPORTANT part of the puzzle…
…How to tie it all together.
Well, now – you can.
By including P-DTR® in your practice – you can eliminate the guesswork.